Posted by / Monday, November 11, 2013 / 1 Comment /

MAKE YOUR OWN TATE'S!

I had an itch to bake some chocolate chip cookies this Sunday morning so I googled a new recipe instead of my usual tollhouse and found the highest rated cookie on allrecipes.com.

Not paying enough attention to the instructions, I messed up on a few of the steps but what came out of the oven was perfect and delicious, just like my favorite store-bought version of Tate's.




So here is what you need: 

1 cup regular salted butter (two sticks)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Here is what you do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and water together until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda and slowly add that to your batter. Stir in your chocolate chips. 

Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.

Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

The cookies will cook flat and crispy, but will be nice and soft on the inside. I made too many for our own good, so made up little bags and dropped them off to my brother and his wife and our neighbors who gave me rave reviews!

Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Tate's chocolate chip so I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Follow

Instagram