Posted by / Tuesday, November 26, 2013 / 1 Comment /

Pomegranate Obsession

I'm obsessed with pomegranates. I know they are the "superfood" of about five years ago but I never actually bought a whole one until this past weekend after seeing one in a friend's instagram.

The pomegranate (punica granatum) is an original native fruit of Persia (who else is obsessed with Shahs of Sunset by the way!?).  It is nutrient dense and very high in antioxidants and has been revered as a symbol of health, fertility and eternal life by our Persian friends :)

The easiest way to eat this fruit is by splitting it in half, breaking off chunks and popping the seeds out under water. The seeds fall to the bottom of the bowl and the pulp rises to the top. What you're left with is a whole lotta delicious seeds and a yummy pomegranate juice to sip on! Add a little vodka to that juice and you're golden :)


Pomegranate Arugula Salad:

fresh arugula
pomegranate seeds
goat cheese
balsamic vinegar
olive oil

1 comment:

  1. You are speaking my language.
    I love love love these items.
    I purchase them all the time and I constantly have seeds in a covered container in the frig. I have even gone to length to freeze the seeds (in a bag with no air in it) so that I can have some on the ready if I run out. Right now I probably have five in the frig not opened.
    They are a wonderful food. Super is right.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Follow

Instagram