Posted by / Monday, October 14, 2013 / No comments /

Weekend in Review

What a perfect fall weekend we had in Connecticut! The weather was nice and warm for this time of year but still crisp enough to feel like fall.

My friend Rosa and I kicked off the weekend on Friday and baked apple pies and an Italian apple cake with apples that we picked off of trees in her yard! Rosa in an amazing cook and baker and taught me how to make the perfect pie crust and this apple cake that is so good (recipe tomorrow).



me and Rosa circa 1992
Saturday was my BFF Lauren's baby shower at Tarantino Restaurant in Westport. Lauren and her sister did the decorations which I thought were so adorable. The table numbers matched ultrasound photos of the coordinating months and the favors were little pumpkins with tags that read, "thanks for coming to shower our pumpkin" -- how cute!! 




me with my mama
me with the beautiful mom to be

On Saturday night Brian and I had a fire in our chiminea, if you have a little deck or yard, you should get one of these. It's so nice to be able to enjoy the crisp fall nights by the warmth of the fire. My parents bought this for us and I think you can find them for under $100 - well worth it to extend your outdoor time before the winter freezes you out! 

Little Brian likes it, too! 

We went to the beach on Sunday, followed by date night at the Beer Garden





and some randoms snapped throughout the weekend:



Lauren had extra pumpkins so I took them for the top of our mantle ;)

Worked on some new stationery for Pure Joy Paperie (coming soon)



and that's a wrap!

How was your weekend?! Anything fun to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Follow

Instagram