Posted by / Thursday, July 10, 2014 / 1 Comment /

Pure Vida Bracelet Obsession

I'm so obsessed with my Pure Vida Bracelets from Costa Rica I couldn't resist blogging about them. I heard about them on Jill's Steals and Deals from the Today Show and though I've been trying to curb my online shopping habit, I HAD to have these. I think they were like 20 something dollars for an assortment, so it was an easy justification :)

They have a cool story and I love that:

First, The phrase “Pura Vida” (pu·ra vi·da) means "pure life" in Spanish. Enjoying life slowly, celebrating good fortune and not taking anything for granted embodies the Pura Vida Lifestyle. It's about being free and living life to it's fullest with no regrets or taking anything for granted; it's an attitude.

Here's how the bracelets came about: 

"A five week college graduation trip to Costa Rica turned into a business venture for two Southern California friends Griffin Thall and Paul Goodman. Between the beautiful sunsets and the rolling breakers, it wasn't long before these two friends began to deeply appreciate the simple Pura Vida lifestyle and the culture of the people they encountered. This is how it all began..

During a visit to a small community in Costa Rica, they crossed paths with two men named Jorge and Joaquin who were peddling bracelets on the street. Paul and Griffin asked them if they would be willing to make 400 bracelets to take back to the United States with them. Jorge was delighted to make such a sell, and the guys were thrilled to help them out, but to everyones good fortune, soon after returning to the states their friendship blossomed into a full-fledged business relationship." - Pura Vida Bracelets About Page




Don't you LOVE?

1 comment:

About Me

Follow

Instagram