Posted by / Monday, November 16, 2015 / 1 Comment /

Fringe Knit Sweater - Perfect for Thanksgiving


Happy Monday, Everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. I'm relishing in the memories we made this weekend with our little family. It was just one of those perfect family weekends and I have to get it down on paper (or here???) PS How do you get your memories down? Journal? Blog? Help.

On Saturday, we hung around our house in the morning and took the kids to Burgers, Shakes and Fries in Darien for lunch and did some more hanging in the afternoon after naps. We got a babysitter at night to go to a dinner party at a friends house and it was so nice! My friend Rosa is an awesome cook and served an assortment of cheeses to start, flank steak, salmon, roasted fall veggies and a grain salad for the main course, and a delicious cherry cobbler for dessert. The whole meal was paired with delicious wines and we had so much fun chatting the night away, men on one side, ladies on the other, per usual.

On Sunday, we took little Brian on a train ride from Stamford to New Canaan and he was so excited he couldn't contain himself. He loved the whole conductor thing and getting his ticket punched with a happy face. It was such a simple activity but magical to him and so enjoyable for us to see his excitement about the whole experience. We got off in New Canaan, stopped for coffee and walked to Mead Park, it really was the perfect day. When we got home, we made chili and had a fire and spent the afternoon entertaining the littles and finished it off with bedtime stories and a glass of wine for mom and dad.


SO, onto the week. I'm pleased to share with you what I think is the perfect little outfit for Thanksgiving. I'll be sharing looks for the whole family this week but I wanted to start with the ladies :) It has fringe so it's Native American-ish (??) and you can pull it over your full belly once the meal is over. Also, it's 30% off right now at Lord & Taylor!










P.S. My Gucci bag is vintage, but I picked my favorite out of their newest collection, waay expensive but I figured you could use it as inspiration :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect museum!! We have a train museum near us that we visit often because Miller cannot get enough of it. Love that fringe sweater!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Follow

Instagram